Image link in header builder not removing old URL

Hey support,

I have added a logo to my site header (using the Pro header builder), and want to have it link to my home page. In the image Link URL box, I write my homepage URL. When I then click on the image it takes me to my homepage URL with the homepage URL added on the end.

For example, my homepage is www.Assetdrop.co. I put into the image Link URL box www.assetdrop.co (or / or # or even leave it blank - the same thing always happens) but when I click the image, I get taken to https://www.assetdrop.co/www.assetdrop.co which is obviously an invalid URL.

Could you please advise?

Thanks for the assistance,

Andy

Hello Andy,

Thanks for writing in! When inserting a link url, you should make sure that it has the http or https protocol. So instead, you will need to have http://www.assetdrop.co/.

Because if you do not include the protocol and only use www.assetdrop.co/, the link will just become https://www.assetdrop.co/www.assetdrop.co which is what you are having now.

Hope this helps.

Hey Support @RueNel,

Thanks for the reply (and the solution :slight_smile: ) - crazy, I thought I tried what you suggested first and it hadn’t worked! Clearly I hadn’t had enough coffee yet that morning. That issue is all sorted now, thank you!

I do have a couple more questions though :slight_smile:

a) When using one page navigation to move around on a page, it looks as though the browser doesn’t take into account the height of the navigation bar, so often the top of the content is covered up.

For example, a user clicks a link with the URL #infoSection and the site scrolls down to that section. The top of the page lines up with the top of the #infoSection, but because the navigation bar is 200px high, the top 200px of the #infoSection is hidden behind it.

Is there any way to offset the one page navigation scrolling to account of the height of the navigation bar?

b) We are using the section separators extensively on our site (they are a great addition to the theme) but they often have a clear line between the body of the section and the separator. How can we remove this line?
See the line in the orange section.

This final one is more of the general CSS question:

c) We have some formatting issues on Firefox associated with the headerbuilder. Is there a way to format a class just in one specific browser?

The problem is we have a logo in a bar in the header builder. On firefox the logo appears incorrectly, under the buttons below it (but it is displayed as intended on all other browsers). It seems that the margin which works on other browsers displays differently on firefox. Can we target one browser specifically with CSS?

Thanks for all your help,

Best Regards,

Andy

Hi there,

  • The One Page Navigation functionality is not implemented completely in Pro and the header height is not calculated. It is because of the complex nature of the header builder. Our development team is working on this to have a better feature regarding this.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

  • I checked the homepage of the website with Chrome in Mac and it was working ok. Would you please kindly give us the browser name and version and which monitor resolution you check the website?

  • It is not recommended to have browser specific CSS and it is very hard thing to detect such a functionality. You will need to play around with the options to find the best solution. Would you please kindly give us more detailed information regarding this with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case?

I suggest that you keep each thread dedicated to one question. For additional question kindly open up new threads. There are two reasons for this:

  • Readability for other customers. The title of this thread suggests that the thread is about the link. So if another customer comes here he/she may be confused.

  • Easier job for support staff. During the course of time, each of my colleagues should read the thread from top to bottom to find out what is the latest correct issue. It will take time, prolong the answer time and decrease the quality of the answer.

Thank you for your understanding.