Image getting cut off

I have a sticky navigation but when I scroll, the top images on the page get ‘stuck’ when you scroll back up.

If you hover over a navigation option, you can literally watch it reset itself. Very odd! It seems to do it on all the pages. Can you help?

It’s on this site - https://www.retailmarketingacademy.co.uk

Hey @Lorenmn,

Thanks for reaching out!

I check your website and I was able to replicate the issue. By default, when you scroll down to your page, there will be an additional x-bar-fixed class in your header wrapper and when you scroll up, it will automatically be gone but on your end, it is not disappearing. That being said, there could be a plugin or custom code that affects your website.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Hi,
I’ve noticed that it doesn’t ‘reset’ if you hover over the top logo (which is also a link). It only happens on the menu options or the booking button.

The theme is fully updated as are all the plugins (and I’ve removed a few too). Everything is running nicely. This issue happens in the back end too when I’m editing a page.

I’ll add login details.

Hey @Lorenmn,

Thanks for sharing your credential! To fix your issue, you need to set a fixed height in your header bar. For example 8em.

If you are thinking that there will be a double scrolling issue when you set your header bar to a fixed value then you have nothing to worry about it, I already tested your website using the browser tools and the issue about double scrolling didn’t show up.

On the other hand, while I was checking your website, I found out that you added some code Pinterest code in your Global JS, which you added in the wrong way. This could lead to some issues with your website. To add it in the correct way, you may use this plugin.

Hope that helps.

I’ve set a fixed height and it has indeed fixed the issue. You are correct in thinking that I had set it to auto to avoid a double scroll but that doesn’t happen. Fixed!

Yes, I did add some Pinterest code a while back. I’ve now verified it at the domain so this is not needed any longer. Hopefully I’ve deleted it.

Hey @Lorenmn,

Great! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.