Image Best Practice

Hello,

WordPress 4.8.1
PRO 1.1.1

  • Is there a document that will describe the Best Practices for Images?
  • Is the a function that will automatically create a copy of the image base on the size of image container or containers if the image is used in multiple size containers?
  • I use large, high quality images, and of a good resolution, but this makes the page heavy and slow to load.
  • Do I must calculate and manually resize each image base on each container size?

Hi @VGonzaloMartinez,

Thanks for writing in.

There is a plugin that could help you generate thumbnails for you images so that it would fit in all containers.

You might want to check this plugin below:

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Nico!
Will this plug-in impact performance?
Can I use the plug-in to regenerate thumbnails and then turn it off in order to prevent any performance issues?

Hi There,

I believe you can, I am not familiar with this plugin.

I personally choose to export the image with the right size from Photoshop and use tinypng.com to compress them before uploading to the website.

Hope it helps