Image before video background loads

Hi there,

I’m working with the ethos stack (url: omiradouro.com.br)
I set up a video background for a section in cornerstone. When I visualize to see how its working, its taking around 10 seconds to load. The video is only 3mb, it should be faster I think. Anyway, I was wandering if there is a way of showing an image before the video background loads, instead of the blank screen.
Thanks,

Hi @nuno1410,

Thanks for writing in.

I could not be able to see where the video is located in your setup.

Please try hosting the video background in a different server. Just like in our demo integrity 1 - demo.theme.co/integrity-1/
The video in the demo is hosted in the vimeo server.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi there,

the video is here: https://omiradouro.com.br/mira-conteudos/. I self hosted because I thought it would be faster. I tried vimeo, but it did not work at all. I’m back to self hosting, but now, I don’t know why, the video is not full with anymore as it was before. How can I get it back to full width and also, if possible, to get a backgroud image to display while video is loading?
thanks

Hi There,

If you are on Wordpress 4.9 it is possible there is a bug with self hosted videos which our developers are investigating. Please use a video hosted on vimeo or youtube for now.

If that does not help, please provide your login credentials in a secure note.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.