Image and text placement in IE

Hello,

I’m using PRO and just about to launch a site, but the placement of the header text and image in internet explorer is pushed to the right. I don’t usually worry about IE since it’s being retired, but at this client, their IT group offers IE as the default browser :frowning:.

Is there a custom CSS that can be used to position it like it appears in Chrome, Firefox and Edge?

Thanks, Todd

Hello @toddbenton,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please provide a URL to your website so we can see this live? We always ask that users send in URLs so we can see things live, otherwise our feedback is kind of a shot in the dark.

Also, do keep in mind that we only support IE11 with Pro’s builders, so if it is a lesser version of IE that you’re needing supported, this would need an implementation on your end to get it working as expected.

Cheers!

Sorry, meant to include the link in the original message.

http://development.laretina.com

I understand about IE 11 only.

Best, Todd

Hi Todd,

Thank you for the URL.
The issue is because of Self Flex settings on your container. To understand flex, please try to install Column template on Footer builder. See self flex settings on each container and how it works. Replicate the settings on your header and just adjust Flex Basis value accordingly.

Hope this helps.

I understand what you’re saying. But it works fine in Chrome and Firefox and it took forever to get it just right. I have a feeling if I change the settings it will look ok in IE and not work in Chrome and Firefox.

Hi there,

I totally understand that you took so much time regarding the header and your perception was it will work in IE 11 without further considerations, but unfortunately, IE 11 has some glitches in the Flex which you will need to consider.

The most important one is that flex values with no values such as auto have rendering issues in IE 11. That is why I suggest that you use percentage for flex basis options or the other related flex options. Then try to match things up with that point in mind.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of the possible rendering issues of IE11 when using flexbox:

https://github.com/philipwalton/flexbugs

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.