iHomeFinder integration with Pro theme - should I upgrade from X?

I know the X Theme is featured on the iHomeFider.com wbsite as a recommended theme, but what about the Pro Theme? To me it looks like a (major) upgrade from X, but does it still integrate with the iHomeFinder Plugin the same way X does?

Asking because I’m considering upgrading my X Licence to Pro but I don’t want to lose the iHomeFinder support that X offers.

Thanks!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Pro is not a major upgrade from X. It is a separate theme based from X. So basically any plugin that works with X should work with Pro. One thing to keep in mind that X is for beginners and intermediate users. Pro is more for intermediate and advance users. Pro doesn’t have the demo content and customizer manager. It has a header and footer builder which is not available in X.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response and the welcome RueNel!

I’m new to both X and Pro but I have many years of dev experience (just haven’t worked with WP - funnily enough, just other CMS). I want to learn both X and Pro and stick with Pro if I can (seems to be the future), here’s what I plan on doing (please correct me if I’m wrong on point 3):

  1. Play around with X for which I already have a licence, get a feel for how it work and how it integrates with iHomeFinder.com;
  2. Upgrade licence to Pro, install Pro, do the same as above;
  3. If Pro ends up not working out, downgrade back to X.

I saw in another thread that we can get a downgrade back to X if we need to - is that still available?

Thanks!
Ovi

Hi There,

That sounds ok, there are some plugins that might work with X but not with PRO as well.

1- At this stage the only difference between the themes is that PRO offers a super customizable header and footer builder while X offers demo content, there will be soon a new solution for PRO regarding content and more features will be implemented. I personally choose to work with X if I am desining simpler headers and footers which can be achieved with X. If you are a dev you can indeed achieve many things with X using a bit of CSS & HTML

If you upgrade to PRO you cannot turn back your license to X.

Hope it helps