Icons in Cornerstone not loading

Hello,

I recently downloaded and installed this theme. It appears to be a very powerful tool for Wordpress.

Here is the issue: When working with Cornerstone, the icons in the editor are all identical rectangles for icons, formatting buttons, etc.

I know this is a known issue for IIS. I edited the web.config and the wp-config.php placed back on the server, cleared cache, uninstalled cornerstone (it was auto-reinstalled), and am still unable to see them.

Not sure if this is related, but I am only able to edit in Chrome, when in Safari, Cornerstone doesn’t get passed the loading circle icon. Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Hi there,

There are 2 separate cases which let we focus on the first one then we will tackle the other.

The icons used in Cornerstone are actually font icons a subset of font awesome and our fonts. The common error happening in servers regarding font icons is the cross domain access restriction which you need to fix on the server. To do so you will need to contact your hosting service provider and ask them to follow the guide below:

Thank you.

Hello. thank you for this. I have performed the web.config and re-uploaded to the server, and the icons are still not showing (only the square icon symbol for everything).

Please advise of the second common issue. Thanks!

Hi There,

This issue seems to be IIS related. By default, the MIME types in IIS are configured to deliver EOT (as used by IE) and TTF files. But WOFF (Firefox) and SVG (iPhone, iPad & others) will not be served.

Try adding the following lines into your .htaccess file.

AddType image/svg+xml svg
AddType image/svg+xml svgz

Then purge your cache before testing Cornerstone.

Let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.