Icon 3 stack

Hi There

I installed ICON 3 onto a new site I’m working on but it doesn’t seem to add the blog as a side scrolling bar, just an empty homepage.

I have a blog roll and a static homepage, please help :slight_smile:

Hello @fredfitzgerald,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Icon 3 comes under standard demo offerings. When importing standard demo contents you will get the homepage layout and placeholder images.

To mimic Icon 3 layout, kindly walk-through following steps:

  1. Create a new page and let the template be Content left -Sidebar right.
  2. Under Settings > Reading, select the page you just created as the home page.
  3. Next, under Appearance > Widgets add a new text widget in sidebar and add following shortcode to display recent posts. [recent_posts count="6" orientation="vertical"]

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi there

Yep I had done all of that and ended up with this error:

Hey There
Because of Icon’s unique layout, this template is unavailable in this Stack. Please switch to another Stack if you need to make use of this feature. Thanks!

Any suggestions?

Hi there,

Instead of Content left -Sidebar right, set to the Default Template and it should work for you.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.