Icon 3 demo layout not working on my website

Hi guys,

I’m having trouble copying the demo of Icon 3 to my website. The demo downloads fine, but the layout isn’t the same.

On the demo the content appears to be fullwidth, with a sidebar on the right. When I download it onto my website, it just shows blank, no container; header, footer.
When I choose a layout with the sidebar (which is the reason I chose Icon 3) it gives me a layout with a container, not fullwidth like in the demo. The default template also does this.

If I choose “Layout - content left, sidebar right” I get this message: Because of Icon’s unique layout, this template is unavailable in this Stack. Please switch to another Stack if you need to make use of this feature. Thanks!

And now I’m lost. Can you please show me which layout I should choose to get the layout of Icon 3?

Thanks in advance!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please provide us with the URL to your site to check this, or send us a screenshot so that we can assist you further.

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the login information.

The Icon stack has specific template structure which you can not use the sidebar of the Page Templates.

I went to the Demo: Home page and clicked on the screen options at the top of the page and enabled the Icon Options:

Now you have an option added at the bottom of the page edit screen regarding the sidebar:slight_smile:

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

You are mighty fast! I was still working on a reply to accompany my login details :slight_smile:

Thanks very much, this has indeed solved my issue and I would have never thought to look in the page settings in Wordpress. It looks great now and I can start building the website!

Thank you again, for the quick replies and help!

That is our honor to serve you as fast as we can :slight_smile: Glad that you have managed to get around the issue.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.