I think im doing css all wrong

the way I currently have my css is if you go to vmalongisland.cm and see victory starts here that is content element and I gave that an id and went into my css and did a whole bunch of code I have had people tell me that Is wrong and I should just use a class is that correct and should I leave that CSS on that page or move it to the global page and same question for other pages should I put all my css for each page on global or does it not mater all it is just minor header customizations and font customization thanks in advanced.

I also added the child theme just now I just installed the theme and left pro there thanks.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, technically what you’re doing is just fine (using the ID), but If you’re planning to use the same styling on other Content Area on different page, then yes use CLASS instead and place your custom CSS on the Theme Options > CSS (Global CSS). This way you’re going to save your self from updating the page CSS one by one if happen you decide to update your CSS code in the future.

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.