I need your advice

Hi,

I’m currently building a site for a book release which contains no less than 151 contributors. Every contributor is featured on one page on the site and the result is 151 columns in one row containing 151 modals.

The toggle for the modals is an image of the contributor, and that image is also in the modal. So in other words; every image is featured twice.

As you can guess it’s a pretty heavy page and the page load is not impressive despite that everything is optimized with webp etc. Also there will be visitors to this page from all over the world, so the page load will differ a lot.

The question; Could this have been solved in a better way with Pro - accordions or something else, where images, names and titles only would be featured once, with some kind of “read more” solution?

Se the link here below:

Summary

https://doers23.com/authors/

Thanks in advance!

Hi Kobber,

Thanks for reaching out.
It is not very clear what advice you are expecting from us. If you want to increase the page speed, our advice is to hire a 3rd party developer to help you with this or you can avail of our newly launched product called Boost, where we help you with your site speed optimization. If you want your design to be improved and change it to a structure that loads faster than the current one, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called Elite service, where we offer complex customization

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks for the answer, but I must say that it was quite disappointing.

I’m asking for your advice - like if I could have used other tools/elements in Pro to solve the task without having most of the content loading twice. I actually think that I described it very clear, but instead of a serious answer I get an answer where you trying to sell other services to me. I’m quite good at speed optimization and custom development was not a thing I asked for.

Hello @Kobber,

We apologize for the matter. Anyways, 150 contributors to be loaded on one page will take a toll on the performance on the page loading. The page may load so slowly. What can advise is that you can use Infinite Scroll feature. Please be advised that your request is not a feature of theme. You will need additional coding to be able to load the contributors as the user scroll the page. Perhaps these articles can help you instead:

Or you might want to check out these old threads as well:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.