I get the dreaded "Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response."

I searched all previous posts and followed the debugging instructions - changed theme, disabled all plugins, checked theme version, cleared cache, etc.

My site: the-earlybird.co

Thanks.

Regards,
Steven

I discovered this only happens in the block editor. When I switch to classic, I can update fine. Disabling the classic editor plugin, however, makes no difference.

Hello @Earlybird97,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please temporarily deactivate your A3 Lazy Load plugin and make sure to clear your plugin caches before you test your site again. If nothing is helping, we would love to check your site for further investigated since you already mentioned that you have changed theme, disabled all plugins, checked theme version, cleared cache, etc. already. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel, thanks for replying and helping me. I tried those things and the error persists. I sent a secure note. Thanks.

Hi @Earlybird97,

I have checked your website but didn’t find any issues. I have also tested by deactivating the Classic Editor but there was no such error found. Can you please describe the steps to replicate the issue at your end, I would also request if you can provide any video that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

Hi @tristup, ok this is embarassing. I tried your test post and it updated fine. I tried the post I was writing and it still failed. But then I tried to update a couple of old posts as a test and they also updated fine. I have no idea why it was only this one post. I published that post using the classic editor. So, we will have to put that down to a mystery. Thanks for your help and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @Earlybird97,

It’s OK, it happens sometimes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.