I can't access pro builders

Hi, I can’t access any of the content builders on one of my websites anymore. When I click on any of the content builders such as headers, content, footers I get stuck on the gray loading page with the spinning circle.

Hi @swanhaven,

Thanks for reaching out!

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your website.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Marc, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The winner is a plugin conflict. SiteGround Optimizer is breaking it. I’ll play with the settings on the plugin and see if I can figure out why. Thanks for you help!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

Hi there,
This problem exactly occurred on our site as well.
However, SG optimizer is related to CDN network, etc. so it is an important plugin for siteground users.
What are the next steps for such issues? Should we expect a fix from the Siteground side or from Theme.co side?

Hi Tugra,

But there are also other SiteGround users with no issue with the Theme, it could be configuration-related.

Please try purging All SiteGround Cache, then exclude the Theme folder from being minified \wp-content\themes\pro, all of the theme assets are already minified so there is no need to re-minify it.

Cheers!

I’m still looking into this but I tried purging the cache and excluding the theme folder from being minified without any luck.

After playing around a bit more, I had to turn off the JS minification. When I tried using an exclusion it still had the issue, but turning it off worked. So it does look like it is related to the minification issues. Not sure why the exclusion wasn’t working, I may have missed something.

Hi @swanhaven,

Optimization plugins often combine scripts and reorder them and the common cause of issues as some scripts should not be combined, minified nor re-ordered. That is the case with our products so please contact Siteground or the developers of SG Optimizer to exclude everything from Pro from any kind of optimization. Don’t worry, our themes are optimized out of the box so they don’t need third-party optimization.

In the meantime, I suggest that you disable the siteground optimizer plugin and the builder will work properly.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.