I am unable to update my site for some reason

I am getting an error when trying to update the content on the home page. It seems to only be an issue on the home page and not on any other pages. The issue only started happening this morning and I have not updated anything on WordPress core or otherwise. Please help!

Hi there @MikeMontes,

Thanks for writing in. This is usually caused by some form of conflict.

Do you see any errors in the console when loading the page either in the Chrome Inspector or Firebug?
Can you try deactivating any other plugins apart from Cornerstone, this will allow us to rule out a plugin conflict.
Have you recently added any custom CSS or Javascript? A syntax error will prevent the editor from loading correctly, this is most likely as it’s on a specific page, so if there is page specific CSS/Javascript loading it could be breaking it.

Thanks!

Jack, this is happening to tons of cornerstone users. I have still not been able to get cornerstone working after going through tons of threads - all which seem to repeat the same ‘solutions’. Has your team not been able to figure out what’s going on? Better communication is vital right now. Thanks.

I haven’t changed a thing. I worked on it one night without an issue and the next day the problem started. I’ll go through plugins but honestly, I haven’t added a ton of plugins.

The site is live right now. Check it out. It’s only happening on the home page. http://aeinsteinuniverse.org/

Hey Mike,

Please answer this:

What is the result?

Please also try:

  1. Clear browser cache then test again.
  2. Reset Pemalinks
  3. Check your htaccess if there are custom rules and remove them. Alternatively, you can try resetting your htaccess.
  4. If you’ve used a caching plugin, remove it completely as there might be left over settings and files still taking effect. Please contact the plugin documentation for instructions.

If those doesn’t help, please give us access to your WordPress admin and cPanel in a Secure Note.

Thanks.