I am having a nightmare with the pro header builder and menus

I am trying to make my header layout with my logo in the middle (center) then the navigation under the logo. I am having issues adding mobile navigation and making the inline navigation disappear and the right breakpoints. I have spent hours so far trying to get this to work and I’m exhausted.
Please help and tell me what I am doing wrong. Maybe you have a video tutorial?

Hey there,

Please see Pro related tutorials in our Knowledge Base.

Please give us the URL of your site so we could check the current setup and so we could give you advice on what to do next.

Thanks.

I can find no tutorials on navigation and mobile “hamburger Navigation” . I am so frustrated because I’ve been using the X theme for a long time, I sell cars for Honda and now my website is down because of I updated to the pro theme. I just want to know how I can have my navigation work correctly on mobile. The screenshot is the mess I have now. I’m not sure how this works but I have wasted hours trying to figure it out. I work on commission and don’t have time for this. http://www.buycarsfromtony.com

Right now I have the coming soon page up which has been up almost 2 months. Do I just need to give up and look for another theme? Will Pro not do what I need? All I want is to have my main top navigation go away when someone opens the site on a tablet or phone and a nice little hamburger menu to appear. I can’t even find the icon for the hamburger menu and the breakpoints don’t work.

Please help as I am running out of time trying to figure this out.

Hello There,

We’re sorry you’re having this issue. I did check the builder and I can see that HIDE BASED during BREAKPOINTS is not working. That settings is what responsible for hiding NAV INLINE element on smaller screen and showing the Navigation dropdown element instead. First, I tried to clear cache. Nothing happens. I tried to add another container and check the same setup. Nothing works too. Something is OFF on your setup. I did check for plugins that might cause this but then you only have 1 plugin active. Then digging further, I found out that some files are corrupted or cut abruptly. See this comparison: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbi1omlotH
See how those file from your site is missing a lot of content compare to the file on my test site. Usually this happens if you have cloudflare or a plugin that minifies CSS and JS files. Note that the theme already minifies this files. Minifying it again causes breakage on this files resulting to this issue. The weird thing now is, there’s no plugin or I can’t see a cloudflare on your setup that might cause this. Can you check on your hosting if there’s a service or feature that minifies this files? If none, please try to reinstall the theme. Let us know how this goes.

I have done everything you said and now wasted several more hours. Your theme is BROKEN.

I really need help. My host is Host Gator. My website worked fine with X but Pro is horrible.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! I’ve done investigation and I found out that you are using CloudFlare. It could be that there is a caching issue where the hide/show classes between break points is not working. Could you we have access to your CloudFlare so that we can check your settings? If that is not possible, could you at least apply this suggested settings for your CloudFlare?
https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.