Https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/how-to-add-another-navigation-menu-bar/

Hi Support,

I was looking for an extra navbar menu for my x-child theme to try out, however it didn’t work.

Came across this link and tried it however now my testsite www.testdemo.one won’t load.

I have via ftp changed the functions.php back to the original form and deleted the _nav-primary.php file again from the directories however now it won’t load.

Please guide how to fix this and what I then should look for in terms of the extra navbar.

Thanks in advance.

/Soren

Hi Soren,

Thank you for writing in, please provide us the link of the guide that you followed and FTP credentials in Secure Note so we can take a look.

Your site is actually throwing a ERROR 500 and most of the time that issue is server side. So you might want to contact your hosting regarding this matter as they have a better view on what is going on on your site than us.

Cheers!

Hi Friech,

Thank you for your reply - I have made a secure note.

Hope you are able to help me out.

Thanks in advance.

BR

Soren

Hello There,

Regretfully the given ftp credentials is not working for us. Please double check it. I am guessing that you have inserted invalid php code or incorrect PHP quotes which resulted to an error 500 on the page. Please correctly for the given codes in the thread.

And also please be aware that it may lead to other issues like the appearance of the menu. I would highly recommend that if you want to have an extra menu in the header, please use Pro theme. There is a custom header builder and you can simply drag and drop any menu in your header without having to add a single line of code.

Hope this helps.

Hi RueNel,

Thank you for your assistance.

Hope you are able to help. I was very carefull and don’t seem to be able to find it.

I have sent you the correct FTP info.

Ok - I didn’t know that.

I am def. going to switch then.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

BR

Soren

Hello There,

The ftp details is still not working for us.

Well anyway, if you switch to Pro theme, you would not need any modifications anymore since the header builder will be easy enough for you to drag the navigation element and select which menu to use and you can use several menus at the header too!

Please let us know how it goes.