Http https issue with cornerstone

Hey. I’m having an issue with cornerstone. I’m getting this error -->

I am trying to lock down my multisite and recently forced SSL on the sub-sites. However, this seems to have created a situation with the cornerstone. So, I did a search and replace on the DB (with a backup) that changed http://www.peterfae.intothemythica.com to https://www.peterfae.intothemythica.com in the hopes of changing this.

Now cornerstone won’t load up a preview. What can I do to change this?

Hey There,

Thanks for writing in!

  • Please make sure that your WordPress dashboard will have the same url together with the Site URL and WordPress address url in Settings > General.
  • I highly recommend WP Migrate DB plugin to do a search and replace.

If nothing is working, please provide access so that we can take a closer look.

Cheers.

I am unsure what You mean by that. It is strange. My main site ‘intothemythica.com’ and the sub-site ‘yeshualucis.intothemythica.com’ both of which are on SSL, are giving no errors. I am getting an error on ‘peterfae.intothemythica.com’.

What do you mean specifically by

“Please make sure that your WordPress dashboard will have the same url together with the Site URL and WordPress address url in Settings > General”

What is strange is that it worked last night, then started having issues this morning. I tried speaking to WPENGINE (where my site is hosted) and they said it may be browser-related, as if Cornerstone were generating the content from within-browser and then suggested changing the DB tables with search and replace.

However, I witness again that neither the main site nor the sub-sites are having issues with Cornerstone while both are in the same SSL schema. This makes no sense to me. Is it corruption on the ‘Peterfae’ subsite? Do I have to clone and piecemeal a new site together? Can the DB plugin (I downloaded the one You recommended, of course. Themeco/Apex rocks) change it? I am unsure as to the technical of what is happening and would very much appreciate some clarification, first on what You meant by what I quoted above and then regarding this. Thank you so much.

p.s. on second thought, would You just please look it up, tell me what’s wrong and fix it? We’re trying to launch and I’m exhausted over this nonsense. It’s not that I’m not willing to do the work. It’s just that between this, the SSL issues potentially with Envira (another thread). and other things I’m just exhausted. I don’t know if I have to clone the site, which now I have trouble doing because of the SSL from wpengine, or why it’s not working. Please assist, hands on. I gave login information in the secure note.

Thank you.

okay. I got it fixed with the help of the guys at WPENGINE. They did a search & replace on the hardcoded thing relative to Cornerstone where it was giving mixed content issues.

And now … onto the next thing that needs to be fixed …

Hey There,

It’s good to know that this issue has been resolved.

We will be responding your other threads shortly.

Thank you very much. I wonder if it is a thing that when one is just about to open and publish, all the bugs make themselves known.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.