Http/Https help

Hello,

I am not able to get the builders to load and I get the following error, I have read through the form and changed the URLs in the settings to https. I am hosting through IONOS and have SSL turned on. I did try disabling it just to see if that worked, but it did not. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello @stranny00,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that the URLs are not fully replaced while moving the site from an HTTP site to an HTTPS site and that causes the Mixed Content issue [ HTTP and HTTPS ] and just because the page builder is not working.
I would suggest you replace the URL properly and check this again, there are many URL replacement Plugins available in WordPress which help you to replace the URL.
This article will be helpful in this:https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-update-urls-when-moving-your-wordpress-site/

Also, remember that the exact URL should be mentioned in Setting > General, WordPress Address and Site URL, including the protocol i.e HTTP/HTTPS.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

I guess I am confused as I have never moved the site. It worked when I first set it up and now it doesn’t.

I am only getting this error with the header builder. All the other builders work.

Hello @stranny00,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details meanwhile you must troubleshoot a few common issues before we investigate your settings.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact Header URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hey @stranny00,

I do believe that there is some HTTP in the database which is why you are experiencing that issue. That being said, I install a better search replace plugin and change the HTTP to HTTPS.

Your header builder is now working now.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.