HTTP ERROR 500 on php 7.0 when trying to login after cornerstone update

Hello

I´ve been getting the error HTTP ERROR 500 when trying to login on my site, it started right after the latest update on Cornerstone.

I´ve tried several different browsers but it doesnt make a difference.

I get the same error when trying to login on admin.

When i enable php error messages on my site i get this message instead: Fatal error: Cannot declare class Menu_Item_Custom_Fields_Map, because the name is already in use in /customers/c/c/7/nyttigasnacks.nu/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/menu-item-custom-fields/menu-item-custom-fields-map.php on line 19

Any ideas what could be causing this and how it can be fixed?

Edit: Anything else i can check to make it easier to find a solution to this problem?

Edit 2: How can i update to this latest version of cornerstone when i cant even login to the dashboard?

Thanks

Hi there @Shigerio,

Thanks for writing in!

Do you have access to FTP? If you do, login with FTP and navigate to your wp-content/plugins/ and delete the Cornerstone folder. You can then install the latest version of Cornerstone on your website which should resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Hello Jack

Thanks for the reply. I found the access to FTP and i can see the folder you mention, but how do i delete it? i cannot see any buttons or action that lets me interact with the files, i can only click on the folders.

And if i delete the cornerstone folder, will i lose the content that i was working on in cornerstone? I have a pretty big post on my site that have been made with cornerstone, i dont want to lose it.

Edit: Ok i´m pretty new to this ftp thing but i figured out that i needed a program to interact with the folders and files and now i can delete the folder.

I can finally log in and access my dashboard again. I reinstalled Cornerstone and everything seems to work again, and i didnt lose any of my previous work.

Thanks for the help!

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers!