HTTP 500 error despite deactivating plugins and htaccess file

Hi,

I’m getting the HTTP 500 error after updating some plugins (Gravity forms and Better WP security) on the site https://www.999club.org/

I deactivated all plugins via FTP - it didn’t work.

I renamed the htaccess file via FTP - it didn’t work.

Can you help?

Thanks,

David

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Thanks Thai.

I’ve added a secure note to the original post providing the details you asked for.

Hi There,

Could you please tell me what’s the host name to connect to the sFTP account?

I tried with the www.999club.org and 999club.org but no luck.

Thanks.

Hi Thai,

I forgot that I could restore the site from a backup - a feature of the hosting service that I hadn’t used yet.

It’s worked. When I update next time I’ll see if the same problem arises. I always update one plugin/element at a time and check. It’s just this time I couldn’t see what the issue was.

I might also use the staging feature of the hosting account next time.

I’ll send sftp hostname for you to have a look.

Thanks for your help.

David

It might be the plugins was corrupted while updating.

Next time you should use the staging feature first.

Glad everything is working fine now.

Many thanks for your help with this. I’ll use the staging feature next time.

You’re welcome.