HTML form not recognizing rows?

I’ve built an html form in Wordpad. Below is just a single row from it. It displays just fine in the browser, however, when I add it to a Raw Content element in X-Pro, it does not seem to recognize the rows. Interestingly, it is all on one row here in this text editor.

Has this installation been reviewed by any other agency? No  Yes 

Hey @mcaravaglia,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your HTML form? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Page UR where the form is located

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Secure note sent. Very kind of you to look at this for me :slight_smile:

Hi @mcaravaglia,

I have checked the page URL but it is not clear what exactly you are trying to acheive. Please clarify that to guide you further. If the width of the fields and alignment is the problem, it might be due to the custom HTML code that you have used to create the form. I would suggest you use the WPForms Lite or any other plugin that helps you to create the forms.

Please remember that support or investigations on the custom HTML or related issues are beyond the scope of Theme Support, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

If you view the html file here: https://tristateinspec.com/Form.html
You will see there are clearly defined horizontal rows of content. For example, the very top row is a line of text, followed by two radio buttons on the same row.

When I take this html and paste it into a Raw Content element in X-Pro, it does not respect the rows and everything is in a vertical column. I’m curious to understand why it doesn’t look just like the original html.

Hey @mcaravaglia,

If you inspect your original form, there’s no pre-defined CSS for your forms while if you add the form there’s already a pre-defined CSS code for the HTML form content.

See the comparison below:

Original Form:

Raw content form:

If you compare the code, there’s already a pre-defined CSS code that’s why it is not showing as your original form. That being said, you need to modify the CSS code in order for you to have the same form as the original. Regretfully, providing custom CSS code is outside the scope of our theme support. You may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your problems or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.