How to update from staging

I recently created a staging server so I could update X from an extremely old version

Someone at themeco support logged in and removed x and cornerstone from my staging server, and I repurchased x and installed. It’s mostly worked bar some font issues.

But what’s the process to now update the live site. I can’t deactivate cornerstone on it and the sites active theme is “X-Child” (whatever that is) of the old version of X.

Do I rename the cornerstone plugin folder, so I can’t find it and then upload the new X into it?

Please help. I didn’t build the site but the customer is getting vexed.

Hello @Keith13,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you please deactivate the Cornerstone page builder plugin and activate the X theme, now you need to update the X theme. In case you have not seen the theme update documentation please have a look at it.

After updating the X theme you need to go to the plugins and update the Cornerstone page builder plugin. Please note you need to purge all the cache from the cache plugin and Cornerstone—>Settings—> Clear System Cache

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately cornerstone has no deactivation option and there is ‘update’ option for X.

This was the original issue as before in the ‘Still all behind’ thread.

So what’s the way around it?

Hi Keith,

I am able to see the Deactivate option in your staging site, once you deactivate the plugin you can see the Delete option. After deleting the plugin, you can follow the instructions given by my colleague and check if it works for you or not.

Thanks

I see…. But live site DOES NOT have an option to update X…

So should I deactivate, then install the new X over the top if the other X

And what happens the the Child Theme etc…

Hello @Keith13,

I would suggest you go to the WordPress dashboard —>plugins —>update the Cornerstone plugin and then check your website. In case you have a child theme, I would suggest you activate the child theme after updating the plugin.

Thanks

Cornerstone is already the latest version 7.2.6

But What about updating X now?

Do you mean activate “Child Theme” after updating the X Theme?

The Version of X installed is 4.0.1

But the Child Theme this is active… what is it?
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 15.04.43

Sorry Desperately confused and worried

Hi Keith,

You need to activate the parent theme first and update it. After that, you can activate the child theme.

Thanks

But that’s the problem, there is no update option on the version of X installed.

All I can do is upload the new X zip file manually.

Hello Keith,

You can deactivate the old X theme and delete it. Then upload the latest x.zip file. Once uploaded, you can activate your X Child theme back again.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

yep, that worked. just renamed the old x theme folder so WP couldn’t find it and up loaded X. Only issue is the overriding font has changed but that’ll be a setting somewhere.

Many thanks for your help

Hello Keith,

It generally happens due to cache or plugin conflict I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.