How to translate {{dc:global:date format="F Y"}} string

Hello, I need help translating the result of the {{dc:global:date format=“F Y”}} string that I use to show month and day in some text fields. It appears in english for every language.
I use wpml, and even though I translated the month and day strings, I still see them in English. Plugin support is failing to find a solution.
The website is in 3 languages, so I would need to translate into Italian and German.
I give you the website link, as you can see in the blog the dates of the posts are shown in the right language, and they use the string {{dc:post:publish_date}}, which is therefore correctly translated.

Hey @dcheese,

Thanks for reaching out!

We need to investigate and check your backend settings in order for us to help you with your questions. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Please look at the previous secure note, thanks

Hello, wpml support answer me:
I saw that on wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/dynamiccontent/DateLibrary.php months and days of the week are defined in an array and are not recorded to be translated.

So, can you help me to translate it?
They suggest me to follow these instructions, but if you could give me an help it would be great! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi @dcheese,

I will check this with our development team and will get back to you on this.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello, thanks for the notes from WPML. We’ll change our Dynamic Content to use the localized date functions in the next 6.3 release or in Pro 6.4. Have a great day!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Hi @dcheese,

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.