Hi,
How can I add the search icon to a custom menu?
I have activated the search option, so it is shown in the primary menu, but I would also like to show it in two custom menu’s.
Best regards,
Annemarie
Hi,
How can I add the search icon to a custom menu?
I have activated the search option, so it is shown in the primary menu, but I would also like to show it in two custom menu’s.
Best regards,
Annemarie
Hi There,
You can try with this HTML:
<i class="x-icon x-icon-search" data-x-icon="" aria-hidden="true"></i>
Let us know how it goes!
Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. Could you please help me a little bit more by telling me where to put this HTML.
When I add a menu link, what do I have to fill in URL and what in Navigation label?
Annemarie
Hi There,
You will add the provided code on the label of your menu.
the URL will be the targeted page.
Hope it helps
Hi,
I would like to get the same result for the search icon on the menu as the default search icon which occurs on the primary menu.
So, I selected show search in menu (Customize, Heading). In the primary menu a search icon is shown. When you click on this, you can see ‘Type and press enter to search’.
How can I get the same in another menu. There is no targeted page.
Hello There,
The search menu item should always be present even if you are using a custom menu as long as the custom menu is displayed as your primary menu or in the navbar area. Unless otherwise you have modified the header template, it may have resulted to this issue that you are now facing where in it does not display at all. Do you have any other files being modified in your child theme?
Please let us know how it goes.