How to restore cornerstone flag and reuse cornerstone content?

Hi,
We realized that after a recent migration, several pages seem to have lost their “cornerstone” flag. Therefore, the cornerstone content (cs_content…) is seen as wordpress content and the “Edit with Cornestone” button results in a blank page edition.
See screenshot.
Is there a way to tell cornerstone the page is actually cornerstone content?
We tried restoring previous versions, including from 2 years ago, but it does not solve the issue.
Restoring from backup is not really a solution because we did not notice the issue immediately and changes have been made to other pages since upgrade.
Thanks
Best Regards
Alex.

Hi Alex,

I’m sorry you’re running into this issue. Can you let us know how you performed the migration? The Cornerstone builder data is stored in the post_meta table. The shortcodes just provide some context for how to structure the front end output, but there’s more meta data which is used to generate the final CSS and HTML on the front end. It’s possible that during the migration that the post meta was not included.

Hi @alexander,
We just updated the X theme and Cornerstone plugin, and wordpress version.
Sorry for using the word “migration”, it is actually the same web site, with only updates.
Can you help?
Best Regards,
Alex.

Hi Alex,

To better help you with your issue, we need to check your WordPress dashboard. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

@marc_a : done in a secure note on previous post

Hi Alex,

It has been found that most of the pages are loaded properly in the builder except the page you mention. After going through your content, it seems that the existing Cornerstone content has been edited in the Block editor and that may be the cause of the issue.
Regretfully, the content added/edited through the Cornerstone editor is not editable in the Block or Gutenberg editor, and vice-versa. That’s why the edited content is not showing in the Cornerstone.
If you don’t have any backup, I would suggest you create it from scratch. If it is not possible to create it from scratch, I would suggest you restore your backup into the stagging site, and export the pages from it and import it to your live site, which may help you to recover the page.

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback.
Then we should be able to restore a previous version (from before it was presumably edited in another editor), right? I would do that, but then how to signal to Cornerstone that it should manage this content? How to raise that flag? Thanks

Hi Alex,

If you are able to restore your website in the staging area and can find the right backup that wasn’t edited outside the cornerstone then the cornerstone will recognize the template automatically and display the element in the builder.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.