How to Remove DNS Lookups from YouTube

When i run the GTMetrix for my site, the YSlow DNS score lists a number of things.
Two of which are youtube based, but there is nothing on my homepage that utilizes youtube.
So my question is, where did these come from and how can i remove them?

I don’t know where this is coming from but i’m assuming from the theme.

Jesse @ USAT

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for reaching out.

DNS lookup issue is not coming from our theme and I can confirm that you have a youtube URL on your website. This URL is you set in the Yoast SEO.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYRuR_nb3wWf60xohaYiOkA/

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Yes, but that’s just a link. Why would it cause a DNS lookup?

I also get two modification issues associated with youtube as well.

are those coming from Yoast as well for some reason??
I have no 3rd party hosted videos on the homepage.

Hi Jesse,

Seems that two modification points are coming from the Youtube, and maybe some custom code or plugin is responsible for this. As it can’t be confirmed the reasons of the issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot a few common issues:

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Disabling Cache
  4. Child Theme Issue **if you have activated it

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and issue still persisits, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Admin URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I left a secure note on my last reply. I can’t find where youtube comes into play on pages that don’t involve youtube. I removed the youtube social URL from the Yoast plugin, but the DNS lookups are still present after clearing all caches.

The site URL is https://usatcorp.com/

Hi Jesse,

One of your plugins causing the issue about your Youtube DNS Lookup because when I tried to deactivate all your plugins and purge all the cache in the WPEngine option. The Youtube DNS Lookup was gone. I need you to do the plugin conflict and deactivate all the plugins then activate it one by one to check which plugin is having an issue with DNS Lookup.

With that said, we confirm that the issue is not coming from our theme. If you need further assistance, you may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your problems or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I reached out to Yoast, as that’s the only plugin that is the only plugin that ever references YouTube that I can find. You accidentally turned off my jetpack btw, can’t deactivate that one without it forcing a manual resync.

Hi Jesse,

Great! Kindly let us know which plugin is causing it or the reply from Yoast as well.

Cheers,

RueNel

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.