How to MIGRATE CORNERSTONE - Changing the Site URL but leaving the Wordpress URL the Same

Hi there. I am simply trying to change the Site URL, but leaving the Wordpress URL the same. When I do that, my cornerstone breaks and won’t load. SO, I’ve seen online that I need to migrate… I am using the Migrate DB plugin to migrate the site.

My site is hosting on network solutions wordpress hosting package. I cannot figure out how to get myphpadmin working? it won’t load through my network solutions admin page - I click on “Edit Database” and it doesn’t load, I’m assuming that it’s not a Unix hosting platform? AND SO, If I can’t do the phpadmin thing work on hosting server, I can’t get it to work on my Mac… I am not a programmer…

IS there a way to migrate the site, without doing the phpmyadmin thing? please help! I just want to change the site URL… the physical wordpress site is not moving.

Hi @brianbarnard,

Thanks for writing in.

I believe there is a way to migrate without using phpmyadmin however it is difficult because you are going to use a sql codes. In this case, please contact your hosting so that you could using phymyadmin or they could help you on how to fix it.

thanks for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.