How to make image full height in background of row

That thin strip of an image should be full width and full height.
I have put it into the lower layer background of the row
I tried it in the lower layer background of the section but the same thing happened.

How can I get it to show full height please.

And how do you get those little downwards arrows that take you to the next section? Are they like anchors?

Many thanks!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
Section height never depends on the background image height. You have to make the section height as the image height to show full image height.

Regarding the arrow anchored link, you can use classic icon module and add a link to section id to which you want to scroll to.

Example: if your next section id is “services” please add the link as “#service”.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

thank you, can you tell me the best size to make the image so that it is landscape and fits the whole width of the site.

Hi There,

The size 1200x768 should be fine.

Regards!

great, thank you! and do I need to put a gap in before the anchor?

Hi There,

yes you can put gap.

Thank

thank you, I need more specifics

If the image is 1200x 800 I can only put in a gap of 250 max, so should I put more than one gap?

If I make the icon more than 50 in size it makes the background image too large - how can I make it bigger but keep the background image looking good

How can I get the icon to be at the bottom of the image in the first section? I can get it in the middle, but not at the bottom? Should I put it in a different row?

Where do I put the link ID? I see options for ID, Class and Style but nowhere to link.

Is there a template I can use? This is making me want to cry, I feel like I have no control over the image size, it is jumping all over the place. If I use the icon I don’t need a gap?

Hi There,

To make a full height ow you can click on the customize tab of your row and on the inline CSS add:

min-height: 80vh;

Hope it helps

thank you, but what about the other questions:
how can I get the link to the anchor at the bottom of the image?
where do I put the link ID?
How can I make the icon bigger without making it’s container huge?

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in again!
Sorry for the confusion here.

Please use button element and enable graphics and use the icon for the graphics.
Now you can set size for button and link for the section. Please follow the screenshot.

Thanks

thank you, that still doesn’t tell me where to put in the tag for the anchor.

I have called a section ‘confetti’
I have added a button and linked it to #confetti

It doesn’t work, what am I doing wrong?

Hi There,

I didn’t find any section width the ID confetti can you please confirm in which section you have the ID?

If you add the ID to a section then it will surely work.

Thanks

yes! I found the ID area when I opened up the section! sorry, it just was not clear to me. thank you!
I am having difficulty finding the ID area in sections without a background picture though, any clues?

HI There,

If you are using a classic section you can add an ID to your section at the bottom of your Cornerstone left tab when clicking on the section.

if you are using sections V2 you will be clicking on the customize tab.

Hope it helps

If I click on the customize tab it takes me to theme options.
Is there another one somewhere?
I must have a mixture of classic and v2 sections.

found it! it was hiding! thank you

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.