How to make background section with margin a different color

Hello. I added a margin to a global block, and I want the color to show up outside of that margin. Right now, the color we want is stuck inside the section.

This is what we want it to look like:

This is what it looks like:

!

Thank you,

Ashley

Hello Ashley,

Thanks for writing in! Can you please share to us the URL of the page where we can find this section or global block so that we can inspect it thoroughly? You can place the URL in the secure note.

Best Regards.

Hi! I am working on the global block “HI reveal team slider block.” I will need to duplicate the change for the global blocks “SD team slider” and “LV reveal team slider block.”

Hi Ashley,

I would suggest you share the URL where you have used this Global Blocks. If login is required to access those files, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– Specific page where you have used the Global Blocks.

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thank you. I shared the url to log in. The global block is on several pages. More than 10 probably.

These are the sliders I desire to fix the color of:
HI reveal team slider block
SD team slider
LV reveal team slider block

Hello Ashley,

After taking some investigation and as I have understand it, you are trying to have some space around your Global Block.

This means that you will need to add some padding to your Section element instead of just adding a margin because it will not display. Here is a video demo that I have made for you on how you can add custom padding for your Section element in the Global Block.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
Thank you so much for making that video. The problem is, I need to adjust the margin on the ROW, because I want the background color of the row to be white and the background color of the section to be #fdf7f3. Why can’t I adjust the margin of the row so that the border of the row is visible? Here’s a screenshot of what I see. The Right and Left margin are stuck on auto, and I cannot adjust them. Because of this, I can’t get the pink border to come in so that it’s visible.

med

This is an example I made in canva to show you what I mean:

Hi Ashley,

I have checked and found that you have added the padding to the Row not to the Section as suggested by my colleague. I removed the padding from Row and added it to the Section, and now it is showing as you are expecting.

Thanks

Ah, got it! Thank you so much!

Hi Ashley,

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.