How to Loop Portfolio Items of Current Portfolio Category

I’m redoing the portfolio category pages with Pro Layouts. What settings do I need to use for the Looper Provider to output Portfolio items of the current Portfolio Category page?

This is what I have currently, but it’s not working. It’s displaying 2 of the same post and it’s not showing Portoflio items of the current Portfolio Category page.

Hi @santosfel5,

Thanks for reaching out.
Sometimes the only screenshot doesn’t help us to recognize the issue you are having. I would like to request you create a new thread to share the credentials in the secure note to investigate your issue further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– Specific Layout where you are creating the
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Still, you can try by using the posts element to show similar posts.

Thanks

Hi @tristup

I just added a secure note with access. The layout I’m working on is Portfolio Archive Pages

Ultimately, what I’m trying to do is create a single Layout that will show the posts of all Portfolio items that match the current Portfolio’s Archives Category. When you are on the Interior Design Portfolio Category Archive page the posts will be Interior Design portfolio posts. When you are on the Architecture Design Portfolio Category Archive page you’ll see Architecture Design portfolio posts and so on and so forth.

Hi @santosfel5,

It seems that you have mentioned a specific taxonomy in the Query Builder option and it has only two posts under that and it shows the perfectly fine in the Layout Builder and as well as in the browser. If you are not able to see that, I would suggest you clear the browser cache or check in the private or incognito mode of the browser.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Yes, that is a workaround. I’d much rather have one layout that applies to all portfolio category archive pages that looks for what portfolio page category its on and then displays posts from that category accordingly.

I don’t want to have to manually create a layout for every single portfolio category I create and then manually have to create a query only for posts of a specific portfolio category.

Hi @santosfel5,

Great! If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

@marc_a Thank you, but that does not answer my question. Is there a way to have (1) layout where the posts displayed are pulled from the current portfolio page’s category? Rather than me having to create individual layouts for every single portfolio category.

Basically, if you are on the “Cute Cats” portfolio category page, then the posts query will only pull portfolio items categorized as “Cute Cats”. I’m looking for one layout to achieve this across all Portfolio archive category pages.

Hi @santosfel5,

Try turning off the Looper Provider. When the Archive mode of the Layout builder is used, it already has access to the current post loop that WordPress has setup according to the current URL. You can start consuming the posts immediately without a provider in this case.

Thank you this worked!

You’re welcome, @santosfel5.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.