How to integrate MailChimp?

I’m sorry if this has been asked already but I’m at a loss and I can’t seem to find the right solution to my issue. I’m trying to use MailChimp to capture email leads and manage newsletter subscriptions. According to MailChimp, I need to install a script to the header file but reading through the forum on installing a script, a lot advised on creating a Child Theme first and installing the script in there. Is there a much simpler way? Going through the forum questions again, a lot seems to be related to Convert Plus, where I install the MailChimp add-on. I tried it but it doesn’t seem to be installing. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi @jaraneta,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code affecting when you are installing the Mailchimp addon in Convert Plus.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply sir @cramaton. I’ve reverted to the Twenty Seventeen theme to test for theme related issue and the problem still persists. How can we proceed?

Hi @jaraneta,

To better help you with your concern, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Saved it in my previous message. Thanks for the quick reply. I really appreciate it.

Hi @jaraneta,

Regretfully, when I tried to access your website, I can’t access the wp-admin page. This is what I am seeing when I access your wp-admin link and it is redirecting me to this page.

Thank you.

Hi @cramaton. I can’t seem to see the screenshot. I’ve typed the URL incorrectly. Please see the secure note again. So sorry for the mistake.

Hello @jaraneta,

I have logged in and investigated the issue. There seems to be an error on the page:

'wss://public-api.wordpress.com/pinghub/wpcom/me/newest-note-data' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 403

Can we temporarily deactivate Jetpack plugin and test your site again? Thank you.

Sure thing Ruenel. Although I also tried deactivating all plugins except for Convert Plus and Cornerstone and reverted to Twenty Seventeen Theme but I still got the error. But please go ahead and try it again. Thanks for continuing to work on this.

Hi @jaraneta,

There’s one or more PHP recommended modules that is missing on your website, please check the site health in the secure note and ask assistance to your hosting to fix the issue.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Thank you @cramaton and @ruenel

You are most welcome!

@ruenel and @cramaton it’s still the same. I still can’t install the MailChimp add-on

Hello @jaraneta,

Yes, I can confirm that the MailChimp addon still cannot be installed. Could you please increase your PHP Post Max Size and PHP Max Upload Size to 64M and the PHP time limit to at least 300s?

And by the way, you may also be interested in using our Email Forms which can also be used to connect to MailChimp. Check it out here:

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggested solutions and the tip regarding PHP settings and the Email Forms plugin. The PHP settings still didn’t work. And the Email Forms settings would not work either to integrate MailChimp to my website. I actually already tried the MailChimp to WordPress plugin, which also required the MailChimp API but it still wouldn’t connect. What I need is to be able to prompt visitors to subscribe to my newsletters and manage the subscribers via MailChimp. Any other suggestions on how I can do this?

Hello @jaraneta,

I checked your website dashboard. It seems that there might be some issue with WordPress version compatibility because of that you are not able to install the MailChimp Add-on plugin from the Convert Plus Addons dashboard.

You can download the “MailChimp Add-on” plugin form https://www.convertplug.com/plus/download-addons/ here and install it. I have tested it on your server and installed it for you please check.

Screenshot here

Thanks

Thank you so much @PrakashS that definitely helps

Hello @jaraneta

Glad to help you.
Have a great day.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.