How to get video backgrounds to work in cornerstone

I just started using x theme today and I am running into some difficulty implementing a video background using cornerstone. Anytime that I specify a video at a static url (http://www.bedstuyloveaffair.us/wp_files/rose_nomirror_240_2.mov) the video is not displayed on the page as the background http://bedstuyloveaffair.us/wordpressdemo/welcome/

I have also tried uploading the video the media library in x theme and that doesn’t seem to work either. What can I do to get background videos to work properly?

Thanks!

Hi @whitelobster11,

Thanks for writing in.

Upload your video on a third party video hosting sites then add the video URL in the video background element of the cornerstone. If still not working, please share us your admin credentials in secure note so we could check your setup closer.

Thanks.

Hello

Thank you so much for this. I’ve attached my login credentials in a secure note. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do in order to get the video background working properly

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, a video in .mov format is not for webpages. Please convert your video to .mp4 and/or .webm.

Try the sample video below and if it works, you’ll know that the issue is your .mov video.

http://techslides.com/demos/sample-videos/small.mp4
http://techslides.com/demos/sample-videos/small.webm

Keep in mind that background-video does not work on any touch-screen device, so do your testings on a non touch screen computer.

Cheers!

Hello

Thanks for this

Is there a work around that allows this to work on a touchscreen computer? I understand that for a mobile OS it doesn’t make sense but I am working on a surface pro running desktop OS and the video background function ALWAYS works on other websites including my weebly site http://www.motherculture.love/ - surely given the sophistication of wordpress and x theme compared to weebly there must be a way

Thanks!

Regretfully, there’s currently no workaround or solution to let the video play on a touchscreen.

Thank you for understanding.