How to edit page properties on cornerstone translated pages with WPML

Hi,

I’ll post the images as links because the forum is telling me that “Sorry, new users can only put one image in a post.”

I’m using both themeco/cornerstone and WPML on my latest project and the new integration is wonderful.

But i have a front page with a slider and it’s not replicating to the copied translated pages.

On my default language page I have the following:
http://tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/f/fdfd824c5a2f312e7b74e7f5ea112a2bb3de030f.png

And it looks ok on the front for the default language:
http://tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/0/01f84bc60032650c3dfad4700a928be4b83d22aa.jpg

But it does not show on the translations:
http://tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/d/db1d7959c058adb697d93552a2ac5e09d8af0b12.png

If I edit the page via the WPML+Cornerstone integrated way I get an editor like this:
http://tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/1/1478744510117a6c4dd6c04344613ed9b27c7e38.png

With no option to edit the above the masthead slider settings.

If I navigate to the page edit for the translated page I see this warning:
http://tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/8/8000244317c2424419a4be8ba3172c52280461d8.png

and I can see that the slider is deactivated:
http://tco-forum-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/original/2X/d/dd2889aa386e93e1ca35d0dffd008879d3dfb9e0.png

Why are the slider settings not coping over to translations?
I want to use the integrated translation system but I need the slider to be there. Is there any solution?

Thanks!

Hey there,

In this case, you will need to manually create a translated page and link it to your page with the default language. Page settings or other meta options won’t be carried over since the auto translated pages are not normal pages with complete settings.

Thanks.

Ok, I get that this is not possible right now but the way it works right now is broken.

For me it is ok that translated pages miss some fields as those are not full working pages, ok, but the fields that are missing should replicate the original page.

I would be great if you fix that in some future release.

Thanks

Thank you for your feedback. I’ll forward this to our development team.