How to customize "Share this" buttons or add sharing links to element "Social"?

Hi
I have a question…
How to customize “Share this” buttons making them look less flashy or add sharing links to element “Social”? I am more into simple and black color for my share buttons. I like social symbols from element “Social”, but couldn’t manage adding links to properly share the post.

Any advice on that?

Thank you

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, do you mean the Classic Social Sharing element? If so, no you can not put a URL to that, because that will automatically share the URL where into. For example, if you have the Classic Social Sharing element in your home page and when you click the Google+ icon, that will be going to share your home page on your Google+ wall.

Or if you’re referring to the V2 Social element, Sorry but you can not use that for sharing the page. But for linking a social icon to your social pages (https://prnt.sc/h1xfpo)

Hope this shed some lights,
Cheers!

Thank you for reply. I that case is there any option to change the color of share button to black and remove hover over effect due to minimalist aesthetics of my website.
I really don’t want to use any other plugins because I want to keep it simple without additional services and fees. Thank you

Hi there,

You can change the color of the share buttons through custom CSS like this:

.x-share-options a i, 
.x-share-options a:hover i {
    color: #fff;
}

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.