How to custom design a recent blog post block?

Good day!

Our designer in our team gave us this piece of recent post block in order to display it in our website. I’m trying to work with everything X Pro has out of the box, but fo far I have no solutions.

Is there a way to manually edit Classic Recent Posts element to look like this? Or maybe there’s another way to achieve this that I’m not aware of?

I have to clarify, I’m not asking you to do this for me. I just need to know where do I achieve this with X Pro.

Thanks in advance.

Warm regards :hugs:

Hello Fundación Sumavoces,

Thanks for writing in! You can actually design the layout in Pro Editor. You can utilize the column background image to display the feature image of the post. You can use the headline and text element to display the post title, author, and the post contents. All of these are possible by utilizing the dynamic content feature of the builder. To learn more about the Dynamic Content, please check out this documentation:

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

Thank you so much for your answer. It really got me looking in the right direction.

However, I’m having some further doubts.

Here’s my column with a background image applied:

I’m adding the background image via the Dynamic Content icon and using Current Post ({{dc:post:featured_image}}) in Post Feature Image. However I don’t see any image applied despite every post in my website has a featured image. That behavior is the same using Background Lower Layer column, or Background Upper Layer column, or both.

Then, using Headline and/or Text elements I’ve found out that when I use Current Post ({{dc:post:title}}) what I get is current page’s name, and my goal here is to get everything related to my latest post/article.

That pretty much explain why I don’t see any background image in my initial column. Since it’s searching for my current page featured image, and because I don’t have any, it goes blank.

Am I doing something wrong? Through which way or element can I show the last published article?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Fundacion,

Now that you explain the problem I see what you mean. You are right, unfortunately, the only way to add the dynamic contents on your use case is to add the post ID instead of the current post.

The other problem is that you need to change the post ID whenever you add a new post. So the bottom line is that it is not a good solution for your case scenario.

I suggest that you consider using a third-party plugin to add such a feature. We cannot give any suggestions for third-party plugins.

In the upcoming months, we will introduce the layout builder, which will be exactly what you will need but unfortunately, it is not ready for now.

You can learn more about the layout builder Idea here.

(05/15) 5:15 PM - This concludes the process of bringing our new website online! A big thank-you to everyone who helped test throughout. Be on the lookout for my next Status Report on or around June 1 where we’ll be talking Layout Builder, Element animations, and more!

Thank you.

I can’t thank you enough for your kindly support.

It’s a bummer this great theme doesn’t have that incredibly useful functionality. However it’s great news you guys are working hard on a layout builder to achieve this type of work.

By checking the Element API Primer article, I see it’s a is a step-by-step guide instructing you how to get started building your own Element. By knowing all the technical details behind an Element’s creation process, and following that guide, it’s possible for me to develop an Element that workaround this latest article thing? And if I achieve that, it’s ok if I share it with this community? It would be something great since there’s plenty people asking for the same.

I would like to know if such development is possible right now.

Thanks again.

Hi Fundación.

Yes, feel free to create a custom recent post element that will have your custom design, and yes feel free to share it with the community. But please note that this is a customization that we won’t be able to provide support to.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.