How to create blog

Hi there,
I am sorry for this very basic question. I have my core site created, but to create a recent post page (Blog) are there not any templates for that. Would I just create a standard new page and add a sidebar to it. I am terribly sorry but I don’t even know where to look or start with this one.

Hi there,

The easy way to do it is to create a page then go to Settings > Reading then set the page you have created as the post page.

Then you can go to X > Theme Options > Blog to customize the page.

If you have set the Layout in the blog options to Use Global Content Layout, check if the Content Layout option in X > Theme Options > Layout and Design is set to a layout that has a sidebar so that the blog page will contain a sidebar.

You can then check the sidebar contents in Appearance > Widgets > Main Sidebar.

Hope this helps you get started.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.