How to create a link to a Portfolio sub-category?

Hi, I’d like to create a link directly to a portfolio sub-category but can’t seem to do it. I can create a link to a main category, ie. www.mysite.com/main-category/ but I can’t make a link to www.mysite.com/main-category/sub-category/

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, what link you’re referring to? If it is a text link you can do:

<a href="www.mysite.com/main-category/sub-category/">Link to Portfolio sub-category</a>

If it is a menu link, you can add it as a Custom Link (https://prnt.sc/gskurd).

Cheers!

Oh, I think I’m completely misunderstanding the way this works. Let’s go back to the beginning, perhaps it’s better if I explain what I’m trying to achieve…

Using Integrity stack.

I have a page set up with ‘Portfolio’ template pointing to ‘main-category’. Main category has sub-categories ‘sub-1’ & ‘sub-2’ for example. So the rendered page shows a dropdown containing ‘All’, ‘sub-1’ & ‘sub-2’. This is all fine.

I want to include a link on another page directly to ‘sub-1’. No combination of url & slugs gets me there, only to a ‘page not found’.

Now that I’ve typed this, I have a feeling that you’re going to tell me I must create another Portfolio page with ‘sub-1’ chosen.

Hi there,

The Portfolio Page Template, turns the page to a special kind of page which gets information from that specific page template and has that filter at the top which you explained (ALL, Sub-1, Sub-2,…).

But if you want to link directly to a category you do not have that option at hand. You will need to link to the archive page of the portfolio category. The view will be different from that specific Portfolio Page Template and it will use the WordPress archive template mode.

To do so, go to Portfolio > Portfolio Categories. You will see the list of your categories and there is a link called view for each category. Click on that link and you will be redirected to the correct URL structure for that specific category which you can use on your links:

If you want to change the Category Archive title at that page you will need to click on the category to go to the edit screen of it and change the name of the archive title there:

Thank you.