How to change individual view settings for different devices?

Hi. I am looking for serious instructions on how to change elements for the mobile view only. I’ve read various threads and my confusion is growing as I only get snippets, can’t get a handle on this subject.
I am just a massage therapist but really like pro and have my website nearly finished - apart form the mobile view.

I am not clear how I can e.g. change the order of columns, show/hide certain elements, prevent text to bleed of screen etc…

Please help

Hi Eva,

Thanks for reaching out.

That feature doesn’t exist or not yet available, you’ll have to displaye different sections, rows, columns, or element for each device using Hide During Breakpoints feature. Please check this for more information https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/hide-during-breakpoint-explained/17378

That feature only exist in revolution slider which when you switch to a specific view, your changes will then only applied to that view.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Rad

That’s great news you can hide content! I understand breakpoint and have just seen a little tutorial on youtube using the inspection tool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3tOAhcpdhk

To change view settings I read in the forum here people are using media query, flex box, css and other stuff which is outside of my scope, even after watching some beginner videos there seems to be so much involved.

I don’t know if this is a silly question… but instead of hiding elements etc for certain views, is it possible to have a whole page only be visible for mobile and not for other views? Basically to create two versions of a page, one entirely build in mobile view to make it look best.

Do you know of a tutorial that will help me to understand how to use Class, ID, Element CSS in the Setup/customizer?

Thank you

Hello Eva,

Thanks for writing in!

Is it possible to have a whole page only be visible for mobile and not for other views? Basically to create two versions of a page, one entirely build in mobile view to make it look best.

• You can create the page with separate sections. You can have a section that is exclusively visible for the smaller screens. You can make use of the responsive toggle view to be able to see the section and simulate it in a smaller screen. Find the icon the left panel.

Responsive Toggle icon:

Screen Preview:

To add classes and ID to an element, please check this out:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I have been working with that toggle view, so far so good :smiley: Thank you, also for the link

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.