Hey. I 'm figuring out how to assign sidebars to pages within the buddypress aspect. I see how to assign to Activity-Streams, and that works fine, yet when I assign to ‘Members’ it doesn’t show up in the profile page.
???
how is do?
Hey. I 'm figuring out how to assign sidebars to pages within the buddypress aspect. I see how to assign to Activity-Streams, and that works fine, yet when I assign to ‘Members’ it doesn’t show up in the profile page.
???
how is do?
Hello There,
Thanks for posting in! The buddyPress pages will display the sidebar assigned in the global settings. If you want to assign a unique and specific sidebar, you may add this code in your child theme’s functions.php file
function assign_bbpress_sidebar($sidebar){
if ( x_is_bbpress() ){
return 'ups-sidebar-forum';
}
return $sidebar;
}
add_filter( 'ups_sidebar', 'assign_bbpress_sidebar');
Assuming that ups-sidebar-forum is the sidebar ID of the one you have created in Appearance > Sidebars.
We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.
mmm… see I assigned ‘Activity-Streams’ to a custom sidebar, and it shows up on the main Activity stream, yet it doesn’t when it goes to the Profile page, which shows the standard sidebar. I’d like to show a specific sidebar on the Profile pages as well as the Activity Stream and am unsure how to set that
Hi there,
Please provide your site’s profile URL and login credentials in a secure note. I just like to see what kind of profile page, it may need different condition using the same code.
Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.