How To Apply Changes Made in Demo?

Hi,
I’m using one of the demos and customizing it, but I’m not clear about how to apply this all to the actual site. I’m also not sure at this point if I’m in child or parent mode because I barely know what I’m doing. How do I apply demo customization to the actual site and how do I tell if I’m in child mode? Thank you so much for your help.:grinning:

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! It’s not clear what your required changes are. Basically you can edit pages using Cornerstone editor and apply your changes there.

Also other customization options available under your Customizer (Appearance -> Customize).

Our knowledge base section would be the best place to learn more about our theme (https://theme.co/apex/forum/c/themeco/kb).

Thanks!

I wasn’t sure that editing via demo was actually applying to the finalized site because it shows in “Pages” as “Demo Home” while the original “Home” entry is also still in “Pages” and has not altered. So should I consider “Demo Home” to be the only relevant entry and delete the old “Home” entry? Also, I have no idea at this point if I’m currently in child or parent mode. How do I find out what mode I’m in? Thank you.

Hi There,

CHILD THEME

First of all, let’s clarify what you called " Child Mode" - If you are referring to your Child Theme, you need to go to Appereance | Themes and check if you have your Child Theme activated or your X directly without the use of a child theme. Note that child themes are useful just if you need to to make changes to the core files of your theme, those changes are not made via Wordpress directly but rather by editing your files and adding them to your site via FTP, New users are unlikely to need a child theme, but it also does not hurt to have it ready.

DEMOS: X offers a large amount of Demo content which can be installed on Wp Admin | X

The Standard Demos do not offer images or content, it come with placeholder images instead. Also the inner pages are not assembled. They can be assemble by using the Page and Block Templates available inside Cornerstone.

Once you have intalled your Demo it won’t necessarily over-write your pages, so in your case you have 2 pages called home, you can select and view those page and decide if you want to keep them or remove them. Your home page will be assigned on Wp Admin | Settings | Reading.

On X | Theme Options | or Appereance | Customizer you can edit the general style of your website, if you are new to X I reccomend you checking our knowledge base overview which my colleague has provided the link.

To edit the individual pages you can click X | Edit Page and you will be able to edit the content of your pages with our page builder Cornerstone.

To add the pages to your main menu, you need to go to Appereance | Menu

Hope these helps with your first steps.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.