How to add meta-tags

Hi

I am real new to web building. So far the build is going well. However am not picking up the site in search engines (www.btmv.rest). Have done a little research and discovered the advantage of adding meta tags. Is this still the “thing” to do?
I did come across this support response (see attachment). However I have no idea where the suggested location is to place the code - and Im not exactly sure how I would implement the process. In other words, if I wanted to ensure the keywords of vision, rest, plant based recipes, etc etc, how would I incorporate these keywords into the meta tag.

Thanks so much

Craig

I’d recommend using Yoast SEO (or similar) plugin: https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/

If you use the code you referenced you would need to start with setting up a child theme and then adding the code to your functions.php file.

Hi Craig,

The keywords meta is not necessary right now.

For more information, please take a look at this article: https://yoast.com/meta-keywords/.

If you still want to use the keywords meta, you can use the Yoast SEO plugin as @afungusboy mentioned above.

Regards!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.