How get Woocommerce star rating to show

For some reason I can’t see rating within the product or at the category page. For my understading, this is normal woocommerce function?

Hi,

You can enable it under Theme Options > Woocommerce > Single Product > Reviews Tab

Please note that your product needs to have at least one review for the starts to appear n your shop archive pages.

Thanks

That did not bring the star ratings to products or the shop/category pages.

Hello There,

Please make sure that Star rating is enabled in WooCommerce settings.
Please go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Displays and find the Product Ratings option.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

They are enabled. So no change there.

Hi there,

I checked and the review section is already displaying on the product page. But, it’s not displaying on the category page for some reason, I did see the code has malformed elements, have you customized the product thumbnail code?

Please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note then I’ll check it again…

Thanks!

Yes, the thumbnails has been modified with your instructions from here. We wanted to have similar product images as the old X was years ago.

Hi there,

The instructions are only applicable to the version it’s tested, plus, it’s a custom code which has no guarantee that may work on all versions. Please remove and backup those customization first and let’s test it again :slight_smile:, I’ll let you do that so you could back up your entire site first.

Thanks!

Sorry, can you confirm that missing star reviews are due product thumbnails? even if that does not effect categories or the shop main pages? It does not make any sense.

Hello There,

I have logged in to your site and I can see that your child theme’s functions.php file is empty. It is supposed to have a content like this:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// FUNCTIONS.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Overwrite or add your own custom functions to X in this file.
// =============================================================================

// TABLE OF CONTENTS
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   01. Enqueue Parent Stylesheet
//   02. Additional Functions

// Enqueue Parent Stylesheet

add_filter( 'x_enqueue_parent_stylesheet', '__return_true' );

// Additional Functions

Could you please check and maybe you may have added more function code and you have it in your backups?

Please let us know.

Sure there is functions.php and its working. I don’t know why you can’t see it. From the FTP it shows fine.

Hi there,

Thank you for the information. I tested the case by changing the theme from Child Theme to parent one but the reviews are not showing on the Category page yet. It is showing on the product page.

We are not sure why this is happening as the review should show while hovering on the products in the category view:

http://demo.theme.co/shop-integrity/

Please kindly check for 3rd party plugins possible conflicts. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Other than that I am not sure why this is happening in your installation.

Thank you.

No change. Is there a limit how many reviews are needed before stars are shown? since I have only one test review.

I found this one old functions.php snippet which gives me stars below the product name, but the star color does not change. So you cannot tell difference between 0 stars to 5 stars since all are grey.

If we could get this coloring thing fixed AND same snippet working on category/shop page echoed below the product title, it would be great!

Hi there,

Unfortunately, that is not the way it should go. The function.php code is an old one which is not valid in the new plugin version and that is why you see no action. It is not possible o change the color as there is no indication in the code which shows 1 star is selected for example.

Would you please do a test and change the theme completely and use the default WordPress theme? Check if the reviews show there if not then the problem is not related to the theme and there should be some kind of conflict between 3rd party plugins you use or the version of Woocommerce that might be corrupt.

Thank you.

Switching to twenty fifteen did not bring any stars anywhere.

Ok then, that shows there is a problem with the Woocommerce installation and not our theme. You will need to contact the Woocommerce support and ask them for help to get things done for the Woocommerce itself.

Thank you.

Ok, I got it working. For some reason the test review did not register any stars or selections.

BUT

What I need to insert to functions.php so that star rating is echoed below the product title, at product page AND at shop/category page? So that they are static visible instead of hover.

Hi there,

This is a highly sophisticated customization request which is outside of our support scope. We can give you proper CSS code to make it work for the category view. Kindly add the CSS code below to X > Launch > Options > CSS:

.woocommerce li.product .star-rating-container {
    opacity: 1;
    position: static;
    width: 100%;
    text-align: center;
}

.woocommerce li.product .star-rating-container .star-rating {
    margin: auto;
}

.woocommerce li.product .entry-header .button {
    top: -99px;
}

But pulling out the rating from the proper tab which is the out of the box functionality and put it under the product image is outside of our support scope. You either need to do it yourself or ask help from a developer.

The review tab section is what the original Woocommerce plugin has and our theme does not have any override regarding that. So you will be better off asking for help from the Woocommerce support on how to change that section.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ok, I did not need to have the stars under the image in product page, just at the category and shop page where they are show with hover. Let me explain again.

• Product page -> stars under the title
  • Shop and category page - > stars under the product image

This is like its done in most themes which support woocommerce. And I don’t think you need to move anything from the tabs? I thought they are woocommerce hooks and data is in the database already.

Hi there,

We already gave you the proper CSS code to have the stars show as you mentioned in the Category and shop page.

Regarding the Product Page the theme does not have anything to do with the hooks and if there is such a hook in Woocommerce you can add for sure in our theme too.

I am not sure about how to do so. As I mentioned you need to contact the Woocomemrce support regarding this. I did a google search regarding this that might be a good starting point.

Thank you for your understanding.