How do Pagination elements work for the Portfolio pages?

I have a pagination element on this page, but it does not show up

https://any.0ef.myftpupload.com/books/

I only see one post pagination element. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Dee

Hello Dee,

Thanks for writing in! You can only use the pagination element in a blog index, category, and other archive pages. It will not work and display nothing if you use it on a normal page.

The Pagination Elements included in our last major release are all powered by core WordPress functionality, so nothing here is custom as we’re trying to lean into WordPress’ way of doing things as much as possible. We don’t have much control over the general output of the content in the pagination as it’s all handled by the core framework, but that means that is more than likely adhering to any proper SEO standards for semantic / accessible markup due to the nature of it being produced and maintained by the core WordPress team (and any potential issues if there were some would come in the form of a WordPress update down the road).

Cheers!

Is there any way to add pagination to the portfolio in your layout tool then?

Hi Dee,

You can add the pagination to any of the Archive layouts using the Layout Builder and assign it to the Portfolio post type.

I would also suggest you go through the video which will describe the Pagination and the Looper.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

That was very helpful. Thank you. It looks like I did not build the page as an Archive page type. I built it as a single page. Is there a way to convert it or do I need to make it again?

Hi Dee,

Regretfully, you need to create the layout from the scratch, but you can save the content of the existing as a template and load that into your archive layout.

Thanks

I created the layout from scratch. Now the pagination option does show up at the bottom of the page, but when I click on the #2 button, it just reloads the page:

Hi Dedra,

Would you mind sharing your WordPress credentials to check your setup? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Done. thanks for your help

Hey Dedra,

When creating a custom layout for archive pages, always remember that the archive by itself runs a loop which is why in your custom archive layouts, setting the Looper Provider is not necessary. You can simply turn OFF your Looper Provider to resolve your issue.

I went ahead and disabled the Looper provider already. The pagination is now working.

Kindly check your portfolio archive pagination now.

Perfect. Thank you.

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.