How Do I modify the Search Results Page

I cant seem to find anything that tells me how to modify the search results page. I am using Pro and want to add the header and footer I built on to the page and I was going to make the page look more like the rest of the site. I don’t seem to have the ability to edit it like other pages?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that you can only assign a custom header to your pages, posts and products. If there is a need to assign the header to the search page, please assign your custom header as Global instead.

Please also take into account that you cannot edit the search results page or any page archives. Even if you would use the default default editor, you still cannot edit it. That is because these pages displays dynamically generated contents from WordPress. It is displayed by utilising a default template pre designed built in the theme.

Hope this helps.

This is dumb, I cant edit the search results page to look like the rest of my site. So why am I using this template? So half of my site can be editable?
I have 2 custom headers, now if I want my site to look the same I need to redesign it to look like the standard themeco look of have only one header, because it is global or nothing?

Is there any plugins that can redirect the search results page to a custom page?

Hi there,

The only way to edit the search result page is through template customization. You can’t edit it through the builder since it’s Wordpress generated page. It’s true in every theme, you may find more information here https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Search_Page. But that’s just a general knowledge to create search templates.

And redirection may not work since it’s static, and search URL could vary. You may consult it with a developer to have a fully functioning custom search result.

Thanks for understanding.

Here is a blog post I found that will help insert a specific Pro Header to the search results page.

Hi there,

Glad that you have managed to set the secific header to the Search Page.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.