How do I make this happen with normal posts?

hey. I’m figuring out a design concept. I put this together with an activity feed shortcode related to buddypress and put that on a semi-transparent section to create a vertical scroll-down of updates to tell a narrative.

https://intothemythica.com/tales-peter-fae/

However, as You well know, buddypress doesn’t display the way a normal Wordpress post does.

I want to be able to show full posts in a scroll down format like this, in which I can design the posts, and they just play out as an ongoing narrative. How would I accomplish this?

Hello There,

Unfortunately, with the details you gave and the after visiting the page link, what you are trying to achieve is still not clear. Can you give us more information? A little more detailed information is needed so we can give proper recommendation. Thank you

Okay. So … the concept is to have posts that show sequentially from a category ‘Narrative’ (or whatever), which are basically installment sin an ongoing Story.

So it would be like …

Post 1 - We set out on the journey (picture, video, etc.)
Post 2 - We encountered this and that (challenge. trials & triumphs, (picture, some weblink)
Post 3 - so on and so forth.

So, in the example of the BP posts on that page, there’ s sequential scrolldown, visually, of reading the entries.

I want to use normal WP posts instead of BP posts, then have those posts display sequentially on a page with that visual of a semi-opaque section container over. a background.

what I’m wanting to understand is how to get category-Narrative posts to display in that way, letting me present the Story in this manner. Visually

Essentially, it’s a post-display thing. See, I love the way the BP updates look. However, BP updates aren’t as versatile as full-on posts so I’m looking into other options of display of content

make sense?

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to make it look like this - https://intothemythica.com/category/academy/the-heroic-journey/

Regretfully, It could only be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

You can start by adding the code below in Cornerstone > CSS

li.activity.activity-item {
     clear:both;
     list-style-type:none;
     border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd;
     padding-bottom: 30px;
}

li.activity.activity-item .x-list-item-header {
     margin-bottom:20px;
}

li.activity.activity-item .x-list-item-header .x-list-item-avatar-wrap.activity-avatar,
li.activity.activity-item .x-list-item-header .x-list-item-header-info {
    display: inline-block;
    vertical-align: middle;
    float: none;
}

li.activity.activity-item .x-list-item-header .x-list-item-header-info p {
   margin:0;
}

li.activity.activity-item .rtmedia-activity-text {
    width: 60%;
    float: right;
}

li.activity.activity-item .rtmedia-list.rtmedia-list {
    float: left;
    width: 37%;
    margin-right:3%;
}

Thanks for understanding. Take care!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.