How do I make a hover effect on a picture link I've uploaded

Hello support team,

Im looking to have a hover effect on my site where it turns a picture-link into text with a low opacity coloured background.

This is a screenshot of my picture-links on my site:

And I wish to have them like this - example of the hover effect on The Grid on one of my pages: http://www.proveno.co/branding-logos/

Please let me know on how I can achieve this!

Thank you

Hi There,

The fading effect can be done by adding the CSS below to Theme Options > CSS and applying the class fade to your image.

.fade {opacity: 1;}
.fade:hover {opacity: 0.25;}

Regretfully, adding a text on top of it requires a custom development which falls outside of the scope of support that we can offer. That can be achieved either by a plugin or custom developed function. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thank you for your understanding.

I understand and thank you so much!

Is there a code where I can have text appear on the image instead of the fade?

HI There,

There is but they are not straightforward, you need to modify the code to fit your needs.

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_image_overlay.asp

https://miketricking.github.io/bootstrap-image-hover/

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Great thank you !

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.