How do I get a clean, new installation of Pro

I think my installation is screwed up severely. I upgraded from X right after purchasing and the pro options like the footer and header builder are there but do nothing. They show a progress bar at the top then it disappears and nothing happens. I have been fighting with this thing for days now and my intention when purchasing Pro was to get something to help me speed development since I am fairly new to Word Press (but have been building web sites for 15+ years), not consume a week of my time trying to configure it.

How do I get a good, clean install of Pro on my site so I can focus on building my site and not all these other issues? I have very little I have been able to accomplish on my site due to this so blowing the whole thing away and starting fresh is sounding pretty good… How do I do that or reinstall Pro so I can get to work?

Thank you, sorry to be short but this has been rather frustrating after spending $65 in an effort to speed up development…

OK,

I have deleted both Pro and X themes and reinstalled pro cleanly. Same problem with getting the header builder to run and footer builder. In customize theme it is still telling me I am running original headers and to switch to global headers, yet it does not give me a clue of how to do that…

I’m guessing that is the problem but I don’t know, is there a faster way to get support than hitting a brick wall and having to post something like this in a forum and then sitting and waiting for a reply?

I freely admit I am new to this but finding needed information by having to dig through mountains of posts seems more than a little inefficient. I genuinely don’t mean to be a whiner here but I have 2 sites to put together in 30 days for a client and I got Pro to speed up the development and produce top looking sites. I have no doubt it will do that but if you are new to this do you have to run into a problem, dig through mountains of posts and when you don’t find an answer then have to post and sit and further wait for a reply?

In any event… can someone please tell me how I am supposed to switch to global headers from original headers and will that solve my problem?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please confirm that you are using the latest version? You can find the latest version numbers here: (http://theme.co/changelog/) Then you can compare them to what’s installed on your site. If you find anything to be out of date, you can review our update guide.

We also recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

Hi,

I actually blew away my WP installation and reinstalled everything from scratch. This worked for a while and the header builder was working, etc. After installing a few extensions the problem resurfaced and the header builder began to fail again. The install was completely clean with a freshly downloaded current version.

Once it failed again I checked the board and found your answer. I modified the file as you suggested, logged out, rebooted and went in again. Everything was working again, thank you very much for your reply. It certainly appeared to have fixed the problem. I have also had a chance to work with the Pro system since the reinstall and I have to admit, although the beginning was frustrating, it is a great tool that I’m sure will save me the kind of time I was hoping it would when I purchased it.

Thank you!

Hi there,

We understand that it can be a steep learning curve regarding the Pro Builders but as soon as you get the hang of the system you see how flexible is this system.

Glad that you managed to fix the issue and be able to use the builder.

Thank you.