How do I Display ACF Pro Custom Fields Into Posts and Archive Entries

I am wanting to know how to display a custom field from ACF Pro (The extension plugin) that will hold text underneath my Post title. For both the blog entry display for archive.php and also the single.php post pages.

The format would look like:

Heading Title

$custom-field

Body Text

Would really appreciate any information and help!
Thanks!

Hey @freedomdesign,

First, we need to identify the template responsible for displaying the title both for single post and archive views and that is the _content-post-header.php. All stacks has that file so if you’re using Integrity, you can find that inside the theme’s framework/views/integrity folder.

I believe that you already know that this requires theme customization and you already have setup a child theme. If not, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/customizations-best-practices/205

Once setup, copy _content-post-header.php from the parent theme to the same folder structure in your child theme like x-child/framework/views/integrity. You then need to insert the ACF field below the post titles like in the screenshot below.

For more details about ACF Pro development, please see the links below.

When followed correctly, it should work.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thank you Christian! You are a wizard :slight_smile:
Worked perfectly, Great information and clear instructions.

Cheers!

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome. Cheers! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.