How do I create custom Post type in Pro, just Header and Footer?

Could anyone advise me on the above? I just want to show the header and footer, no sidebar or main content (I want to pull that from within a Pro editor block via a shortcode, if possible). I’ve looked through a couple of the posts here but they seem to add other issues which confuse the matter (for me, I’m new to Wordpress). Many thanks in advance!

I’m using the Ethos stack, btw.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reaching us.

Sorry but this is little confussing between Custom Post Type, Header, Footer and Sidebar.
Have you created the Custom Post Type you have mentioned?
Do you want the Header and Footer for that created custom post type?

Can you bit more clarify what exactly you want.

Thanks

The confusion is probably my fault! What I want to do is create posts where I can control how the content is displayed, via the Pro Editor. So no standard sidebar or Meta info or anything like that, just the header and footer. I’m assuming (perhaps wrongly!) this is achieved by creating a custom template that I can use via the dropdown listed under ‘Page Attributes’ when creating a Post.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Hi Andrew,

Yes you can select the Full Width Layout template from Page Attribute.

Edit_Page_‹Barber—_WordPress

In case of Post you can also select Full Width Post Layout options.

And then you can set the header and footer to respective page or post.
This link will help you on header and footer.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Thanks for that but correct me if I’m wrong, choosing that option doesn’t get rid of things like the post title or breadcrumbs? All I want is the head and footer.

Hi Andrew,

Choosing Page Attributes wil effect into the content area,
and Full Width Layout will make the content area fullwidth. And it will not effect any part of the content.

Hope I am able to explain it to you.

Thanks

So how do I create a blank canvas? I only want the header and footer to appear, and I want to be able to place the rest of the content from within the Pro builder.

Hi Andrew,

Fill Width Layout is already there with the theme, you just need to select that.
Edit_Page_‹Barber—_WordPress
Hope I am able explain it to you.

Thanks

I’ve tried that but it’s still showing the Featured Image, breadcrumbs and the Comments section. That’s not what I want.

Hi Andrew,

Now I really need to examine your site to check what exactly happening at your end.
Hope you will not mind to share your site and credentials in secure note.

Please provide the details of your site in a secure note, including:

– Link to your site
– Specific page URL
– WordPress Admin username / password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Thanks Tristup, I’ve left a secure note above.

Hello Andrew,

The Layout - Fullwidth is a page template and page templates only applies to pages. Regretfully for posts, you will have to rely on the global layout settings. Please go to your X > Theme Options > Layout and Design > Content Layout and set it to Fullwidth. This will make each of the post display in fullwidth layout with header and footer, no sidebars.

To display the post meta, you will have to disable it in X > Theme Options > Blog. You may also check out the common post settings here: https://theme.co/docs/post-settings#common-post-settings

We would love to know if this has worked for you. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.