How do I change the href link for my logo in X theme

Hi,

For my site www.thepatienttrader.com, I want to change the link on the logo. I want it to be http://thepatienttrader.com/member-home

In the Dashboard, I went to Customize and then Header and found the logo itself, but I can’t find where the link is set. Can you tell me where I can change that link?

Thanks,
-Tom

Hi Tom,

By default, the link is getting your home page URL automatically. That is how it works on most site. To change that default setup, we need to change via template. The file responsible for the logo link is wp-content\themes\x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global\ _brand.php. Copy that file on the same folder path on your child theme here: wp-content\themes\x-child\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global\ _brand.php. Create the folder if it doesn’t exist. Then look for the href value on the link <?php echo home_url( '/' ); ?>. Change that with your preferred link for the logo.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I copied that file to my Child them and now everything is working they way I wanted. Thanks for your help!

quick question – is there a good X theme, CornerStone tutorial that would help me learn all this so I don’t have to ask so many questions all the time?

Hi There,

Follow the link below it’s a good introduction to Cornerstone.

Though it is showing a slightly different left-panel (old version), the concept is the same.

Regretfully we don’t have any documentation about V2 Elements yet since it is relatively new.

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.